1/2 Photos of Hamburger-Rice Skillet
I found this in Better Homes and Gardens Low-Cost Cooking cookbook. I've had the cookbook for about 25 years and only recently discovered this recipe. It's one of those recipes that I make just about anytime because I always have the ingredients on hand and my family (especially my youngest son) loves it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped (I use frozen green pepper)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup medium grain rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded
- 1In a skillet coated with spray oil, brown ground beef, onion, green pepper, and garlic until meat is browned. Drain off fat.
- 2Add rice; cook stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- 3Add remaining ingredients (except cheese).
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat.
- 5Cover and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 6Remove cover, sprinkle with cheese, if desired. (We put the cheese on at the table.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger-Rice Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (331 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 346.3
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 744.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 19.6 g