Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A good winter hot dish.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked rice
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) soup can water
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Brown meat, onions and celery. Drain off excess fat. Put the rice, soups, mixed vegetables, water, soy sauce, salt, pepper and meat into a 2 quart casserole. Bake for 1-1/2 hours at 325.
This is one of my favorite hot dishes!! I like to top mine with chow mein noodles near the end to give it a little crunch!! Great recipe!!
A family recipe of ours minus the mixed vegetables. We also top with chow mein noodles 15 minutes before taking out of the oven. Excellent main dish. Thanks for sharing Nana.