Recipe by ShaniRage
This is one of my husbands favorites. We could have it every other day and he'd be happy. The kids love it too. After they get their helpings, there's barely any left for me!!
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
We liked this but it was mushy. I used Cream of Chicken Soup and some leftover cooked chicken.I drained the canned mushrooms. If I make again, I would cut back on the boiling water. I used Calrose Rice.I did bake 30 minutes covered and 30 minutes uncovered. The flavor was good but I think more intense if less water.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken and rice soup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup mushroom (canned)
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil 3 1/2 cups water.
- In a skillet, brown burger.
- Add butter, sugar, mushrooms, and rice to skillet.
- Put hamburger/rice mixture into a casserole dish or 9x13 dish.
- Top with boiled water.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 more minutes.