Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is one of my husbands favorites. We could have it every other day and he'd be happy. The kids love it too. After they get their helpings, there's barely any left for me!!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken and rice soup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup mushroom (canned)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Boil 3 1/2 cups water.
- In a skillet, brown burger.
- Add butter, sugar, mushrooms, and rice to skillet.
- Put hamburger/rice mixture into a casserole dish or 9x13 dish.
- Top with boiled water.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 30 more minutes.
We liked this but it was mushy. I used Cream of Chicken Soup and some leftover cooked chicken.I drained the canned mushrooms. If I make again, I would cut back on the boiling water. I used Calrose Rice.I did bake 30 minutes covered and 30 minutes uncovered. The flavor was good but I think more intense if less water.