Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Homemade Hamburger Helper! A childhood favorite.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Brown together beef, onion and garlic.
- When meat is cooked and onions are translucent, stir in flour until well distributed.
- Allow flour to brown slightly.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until rice is cooked.
I really like this meal ...nice, simple and easy to make. I added some minced ginger to mine and a little less garlic. I also used left over rice so I wouldn't have to wait for it to cook. Thank you for sharing.
Hubby and I thought this was OK but the kids enjoyed it. I followed the recipe exactly as written other then I used onion powder instead of an onion. I made it for a quick lunch. I liked that it was cooked all in one pan and it was made with ingredients that I normally have on hand.
This made a nice easy meal. i had to add an extra cup of water and it did take 15 extra minutes to cook the rice through. The flavor was quite nice. It was very easy to make with simple ingredients.