Recipe by JacquelineS
Homemade Hamburger Helper! A childhood favorite.
Top Review by marisk
I really like this meal ...nice, simple and easy to make. I added some minced ginger to mine and a little less garlic. I also used left over rice so I wouldn't have to wait for it to cook. Thank you for sharing.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown together beef, onion and garlic.
- When meat is cooked and onions are translucent, stir in flour until well distributed.
- Allow flour to brown slightly.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until rice is cooked.