Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 lb extra lean beef
- 1 cup rice
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 4 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (7 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (14 ounce) can baby corn
- 1 carrot, sliced
- Brown ground beef or turkey. Drain fat if needed.
- Add water, soy sauce, onion, garlic, rice, pepper and soup mix.
- Bring to a boil. After a boil has been reached, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook on low for 20 minutes. Uncover, stir and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Add vegetables during last 5 minutes of cooking time.