Recipe by nsomniak6
Came up with this after trying to figure out what to do with some ground beef that needed to be cooked. I paired this with orzo, but would be equally good with mashed potatoes.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This had a great flavor to it. I only used one packet of onion soup mix and had added it to the gravy. I did add 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder to the burger mixture. I followed the rest of the recipe as written but next time I would cut back on the pepper by half as I thought it was a bit overpowering.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 eggs or 1 egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 (2 ounce) packages onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium thinly sliced onions
- 3 cups beef broth, diluted slightly
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix together beef, egg, bread crumbs, 1 package soup mix, and Worcestershire sauce. Form into 8 balls and flatten into patties.
- Mix flour salt and pepper.
- Dredge patties in flour mixture.
- Heat large skillet over med-high heat. Fry the patties 4 minutes each side, then remove patties to a platter.
- Heat oil and sauté onions until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add the rest of the flour mixture to onions and stir to coat.
- Mix broth and last package of onion soup and add to the onions. Stir well.
- Return the patties to the pan, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes until beef is cooked through. Stir occasionally to make sure gravy is not sticking to bottom of the pan or clumping.