1/4 Photos of Hamburger " Steaks" With Onion Gravy
Came up with this after trying to figure out what to do with some ground beef that needed to be cooked. I paired this with orzo, but would be equally good with mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl mix together beef, egg, bread crumbs, 1 package soup mix, and Worcestershire sauce. Form into 8 balls and flatten into patties.
- 2Mix flour salt and pepper.
- 3Dredge patties in flour mixture.
- 4Heat large skillet over med-high heat. Fry the patties 4 minutes each side, then remove patties to a platter.
- 5Heat oil and sauté onions until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- 6Add the rest of the flour mixture to onions and stir to coat.
- 7Mix broth and last package of onion soup and add to the onions. Stir well.
- 8Return the patties to the pan, cover and reduce heat to low.
- 9Simmer 15-20 minutes until beef is cooked through. Stir occasionally to make sure gravy is not sticking to bottom of the pan or clumping.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger " Steaks" With Onion Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.6
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 61.8 mg
- Sodium 1553.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 15.3 g