Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is really good! I don't remember where I got the recipe but I have been making it for years and my family loves it and it is really easy to make.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package onion gravy mix
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 packages brown gravy mix
- 2 cups hot water
- Cook ground beef in skillet, stirring to crumble, and drain well.
- Add salt and worc sauce.
- Place biscuit mix in bowl and add onion gravy (dry), the cooked hamburger and milk.
- (the dough should be stiff) Spread dough over bottom of well-greased 9x9x2 inch glass pan.
- Press down firmly to all the edges.
- Sprinkle the dry brown gravy mix on top, then add the hot water.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cut in squares and serve with the bottom up so the gravy is on top.
Very good. Quick and easy. Couldn't locate onion gravy mix, so I just added a chopped onion to the meat as I fried it. Turned out great. Served it with some mixed vegetables and a green salad.
Salt, salt, and more salt and I found it very dry. Made this a few days ago but, Donna, gotta give this another try after substituting all those package mixes with fresh onions and 2 jars of gravy plus 1 of water. Thanks for sharing this and I do promise to try it again.
Excellent recipe. Easy enough that my 14 year old son made it without supervision. He doubled the whole thing, but only used 3 cups of hot water at the end because it seemed the pan was very full [it was a 13x9 pan]. However, after baking, the "gravy" was very thick, so I think 4 cups of water will be needed. We are definitely having this again...and again...and again. By the way, we used one 53g envelope of chicken gravy in the mix, and one 53g envelope of beef gravy at the end.