Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A twist on classic stroganoff- my son's favorite meal. Serve as a hotdish or over warm biscuits, noodles, toast, or mashed potatoes. (I use 1/2 to 1 lb of hamburger depending what I have to use up.)
- Cut pieces of raw bacon into small bites.
- Place ground beef and raw bacon in a skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, stirrring, until ground beef is well browned and bacon is browned.
- Drain off excess grease/ fat.(okay if little fat left.).
- add onion.
- Blend flour, salt, paprika, pepper, and cream of potato soup in a bowl with enough milk to make a thick pourable mixture.
- Cook over low heat uncovered 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining milk as needed to keep sauce from getting too thick stirring well after each adddition.
- Take out any portion that doesn't want sour cream.
- Reduce sour cream by 1/4 cup for each serving removed.
- Add sour cream to remaining portions and heat through.
- Serve over biscuits or noodles or toasted bread.