Chef w wahl's Note:
A twist on classic stroganoff- my son's favorite meal. Serve as a hotdish or over warm biscuits, noodles, toast, or mashed potatoes. (I use 1/2 to 1 lb of hamburger depending what I have to use up.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut pieces of raw bacon into small bites.
- 2Place ground beef and raw bacon in a skillet.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirrring, until ground beef is well browned and bacon is browned.
- 4Drain off excess grease/ fat.(okay if little fat left.).
- 5add onion.
- 6Blend flour, salt, paprika, pepper, and cream of potato soup in a bowl with enough milk to make a thick pourable mixture.
- 7Cook over low heat uncovered 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Add remaining milk as needed to keep sauce from getting too thick stirring well after each adddition.
- 9Take out any portion that doesn't want sour cream.
- 10Reduce sour cream by 1/4 cup for each serving removed.
- 11Add sour cream to remaining portions and heat through.
- 12Serve over biscuits or noodles or toasted bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Potato Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.5
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 96.9 mg
- Sodium 878.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 28.8 g