Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 2⁄3 cup water, Hot
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped, 1 Md
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, Chopped (optional)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, Shredded
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the baking mix and yeast and stir in the hot water.
- Turn the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead until smooth, about 20 times.
- Let the dough rest a few minutes.
- While the dough is resting, cook and stir the meat and onion in a large skillet until the onion is tender and the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, oregano leaves, and pepper and set aside.
- Divide the dough in half.
- Roll each half on an ungreased baking sheet into a rectangle, 13 X 10-inches or on a pizza pan 12-inches in diameter.
- Pinch the edges to make a slight rim.
- Spread the meat mixture almost to the edges.
- Top with the green pepper and cheeses.
- Bake until the crust is brown and the filling is hot and bubbly, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares or wedges and serve.
- NOTE: If desired, you can use shredded Cheddar Cheese for the Mozzarella in the above recipe.