1/2 Photos of Hamburger Pilaf
Sweet PQ?'s Note:
This makes a fast one dish "hamburger helper" type meal. Be sure to use a good beef broth as it provides a great deal of flavour for your dish. Sometimes I add sliced mushrooms that I saute with the onion & pepper. This can also be made with ground chicken, using chicken broth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced (I have used red)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable seasoning (like mrs dash)
- 1 cup long grain rice, raw
- 1/2 cup beef broth (heated in microwave)
- 2 cups beef broth (heated in microwave)
- 1Saute the onion and green pepper in the oil until soft.
- 2Add the beef and garlic, breaking up the meat and cooking until done.
- 3Season with salt, pepper and vegetable seasoning.
- 4Add the rice, cooking & stirring until rice goes translucent, but not brown.
- 5Add 1/2 cup hot broth, stirring until absorbed.
- 6Add remaining broth. Cover & simmer until rice is tender & liquid is absorbed. This should take about 20 minutes. Serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.9
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 74.6 mg
- Sodium 1380.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: