Recipe by Sweet PQ?
This makes a fast one dish "hamburger helper" type meal. Be sure to use a good beef broth as it provides a great deal of flavour for your dish. Sometimes I add sliced mushrooms that I saute with the onion & pepper. This can also be made with ground chicken, using chicken broth.
Top Review by Lori Mama
Easy and very kid friendly. I did add 2 extra cloves of garlic and increased the Mrs. Dash seasoning to 1 tsp. I also used my oven at 350 for 30 minutes. I don't have much luck cooking rice in anything on the stove top.
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced (I have used red)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable seasoning (like mrs dash)
- 1 cup long grain rice, raw
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth (heated in microwave)
- 2 cups beef broth (heated in microwave)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion and green pepper in the oil until soft.
- Add the beef and garlic, breaking up the meat and cooking until done.
- Season with salt, pepper and vegetable seasoning.
- Add the rice, cooking & stirring until rice goes translucent, but not brown.
- Add 1/2 cup hot broth, stirring until absorbed.
- Add remaining broth. Cover & simmer until rice is tender & liquid is absorbed. This should take about 20 minutes. Serve.