Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Tasty pie dish, nice served with a green salad
Make and share this Hamburger Pie With Garlic Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon chopped mixed herbs or 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 large potatoes, par-cooked and sliced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Stir fry the meat and onions in a large pan until browned.
- Add the carrots and tomatoes to the pan.
- Stir in the stock, with the cornflour blended in, and the herbs.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to the boil and simmer 2-3 minutes, season to taste.
- Transfer to a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Mix the oil, garlic and seasoning together.
- Layer the potatoes on top of the meat mixture, brushing liberally with the garlic oil.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, until potatoes are tender and golden.
I used a 28 oz can of tomatoes, next time I'll only use 14 ozs. We enjoyed the flavor of the meat mixture and the seasoning. Thanks, Eve another keeper.
My husband called this his new favorite meal!! I added a small can of Herndez mexican salsa to it. I used 4 tbsps regular flour instead of the cornflour because I didn't have it. I think next time I will try ground turkey to achieve a less greasy final result. I will make this again!! Thank you!!
We enjoyed this casserole. Like Sackville I used more cornflour and simmered it longer than the recipe stated. I will be making this again. Thanks