Tasty pie dish, nice served with a green salad
Make and share this Hamburger Pie With Garlic Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef stock
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon chopped mixed herbs or 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 large potatoes, par-cooked and sliced
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Stir fry the meat and onions in a large pan until browned.
- Add the carrots and tomatoes to the pan.
- Stir in the stock, with the cornflour blended in, and the herbs.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to the boil and simmer 2-3 minutes, season to taste.
- Transfer to a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Mix the oil, garlic and seasoning together.
- Layer the potatoes on top of the meat mixture, brushing liberally with the garlic oil.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes, until potatoes are tender and golden.