Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This sounds like some delicious comfort food! I imagine you could use ground turkey if you wanted to lighten it up a little bit.
- 1 (8 ounce) package herb seasoned stuffing mix (cornbread or regular)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine stuffing, water, and melted butter; mix well. Reserve 1 cup of stuffing mixture.
- Press remaining stuffing into 10-inch pie plate to form pie shell.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef until it loses it is no longer pink; remove from heat.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese, beaten egg, ketchup, onion, salt, thyme, pepper, and the remaining 1 cup of stuffing mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into pie shell and bake at 375° for 20 to 30 minutes, or until hot and cooked through.