Recipe by Moonmunkimama
I am always looking for quick and easy ground meat recipes. I found this in a old copy of Betty Crocker Hamburger Recipes. I often have everything I need in my pantry so it makes a great dinner when I have what seems like an empty kitchen. I hope you enjoy. This is a great recipe for those picky eaters!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered (roughly 1 lb)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet brown ground beef and cook onion until tender. Drain off excess fat. Add green beans, tomato soup and water; stir to combine. Pour contents into a casserole dish.
- In a large pan bring some water to a boil. Salt water, and then add quartered potatoes. Cook until tender. Drain. Mash cooked potatoes while hot. Add beaten egg and combine. Add milk and blend until potatoes are fluffy. Potatoes should still be able to hold their shape.
- Drop potatoes in mounds on top of meat mixture. Top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, in and oven preheated to 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes (or until heated).
- Instant potatoes may be substituted. Just prepare potatoes according to packaged instructions.