Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This wonderful recipe came from a friend who was a great cook. We have a hard time leaving any for left overs. Someone will always eat the last piece.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs hamburger meat
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (with mushrooms - if you can find)
- 1 (8 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 can refrigerated crescent dinner roll
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cumin
- Brown meat with onion and green pepper.
- Add tomato sauce, beans, and seasonings and let simmer.
- Press dinner rolls into a pie plate forming a pie crust.
- Take 1 cup cheese and mix with egg.
- Pour over bottom of the pie crust.
- Drain excess juice from meat mixture.
- Pour meat mixture into pie plate.
- Spread with remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle with paparika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
it tasted just ok.
Very, very good. I used cheddar cheese and a narrow casserole dish instead of pie plate. Cooking time had to be increased by 5-7 minutes as a result.
This is a great easy meal to make when you don't have much time. I followed the recipe exactly and find that it was a bit salty for our taste. I will just half the salt next time. Thanks for a great recipe Trisha W.