Recipe by John Sauerbeck
This is a quick easy, tasty meal. I don't know where the recipe came from, I've been baking it for almost 20 years. Everyone who has ever tried it has loved it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown hamburger, onions and green pepper, until hamburger is cooked to desired consistancy and liquid is evaporated.
- Add mushrooms, green beans, and tomato sauce; stir until well mixed.
- Add pepper, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce; stir until well mixed.
- Separate dinner rolls according to package directions.
- Line a 9" cake pan with rolls, on the bottom and along the sides.
- Press to seal gaps and cover the pan completely.
- Fill cake pan with meat mixture; cover with cheddar cheese.
- Bake in center of oven for about 10 to 14 minutes. Bake until cheese starts to show brown spots, or until crust starts to almost burn.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes.
- Blot top with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
- SERVES: 4.