John Sauerbeck's Note:
This is a quick easy, tasty meal. I don't know where the recipe came from, I've been baking it for almost 20 years. Everyone who has ever tried it has loved it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown hamburger, onions and green pepper, until hamburger is cooked to desired consistancy and liquid is evaporated.
- 3Add mushrooms, green beans, and tomato sauce; stir until well mixed.
- 4Add pepper, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce; stir until well mixed.
- 5Separate dinner rolls according to package directions.
- 6Line a 9" cake pan with rolls, on the bottom and along the sides.
- 7Press to seal gaps and cover the pan completely.
- 8Fill cake pan with meat mixture; cover with cheddar cheese.
- 9Bake in center of oven for about 10 to 14 minutes. Bake until cheese starts to show brown spots, or until crust starts to almost burn.
- 10Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes.
- 11Blot top with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- 12Cut into wedges to serve.
- 13SERVES: 4.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Pie
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 863.5
- Calories from Fat 570
- Total Fat 63.4 g
- Saturated Fat 33.9 g
- Cholesterol 234.7 mg
- Sodium 1133.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 62.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls