Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Hamburger Pie is a great one dish meal. It especially is a plus with kids.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion (Chopped)
- 16 ounces frozen corn
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 egg (Beaten)
- 3 potatoes (Large)
- 1 -3 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (Shredded)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet cook ground beef and onion, drain fat.
- Stir in corn, tomato sauce, salt and black pepper, cook for 15 minutes. Turn meat mixture into a casserole dish.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water; drain. Mash potatoes, add egg and enough milk to make potatoes fluffy, yet stiff enough to hold their shape.
- Drop potatoes in mounds on top of meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25 to 30 minute in a 350 degree oven.
Great recipe! The only thing is 1 tsp of salt is too much. I used 3/4 of a tsp and that was almost too much. Other then that, great recipe, not too bad to make. My picky daughter had seconds!