Recipe by Country Granny Judy
This is a meal in one. Just add a salad for a perfect meal.
Top Review by janice in florida
I finally got around to making this yesterday for dinner. I really liked it although I think I would add peas and sliced carrots to the mixture next time I make it. My husband thought it was "bland" and my son didnt like it at all! Too bad as I thought it was wonderful....
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 2 pie crusts (uncooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook hamburger, green pepper, onion, salt and pepper, until meat is browned.
- Remove from heat and drain off excess grease.
- Pour in potato soup and mix well.
- DO NOT ADD WATER.
- Line bottom of a deep dish pie pan with 1 pie crust.
- Spoon in 1/2 of meat mixture, top with 1/2 of cheese; repeat with the rest of meat mixture and cheese.
- Put top crust on and seal edges with fork.
- Mix egg well and brush on top crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees until crust is golden brown.