Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very easy to make. I like to serve this with fresh corn on the cob.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or fresh minced)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄3 cups Minute Rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine ground beef, crumbs, onions, peppers, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, pepper, Oregano, garlic powder and 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
- Mix well and press into bottom and sides of a 2 or 2 1/2 quart baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Combine the remaining tomato sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, water, Minute rice, and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Spoon mixture into the ground beef lined casserole.
- Cover and bake in oven at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle on the remaining cheese and bake for another 10-15 minutes.