Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my favorites growing up. It's fast and easy.
Make and share this Hamburger Pie recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender, drain fat.
- Stir in green beans, soup and 1/4 cup water, salt and pepper.
- Turn mixture into 1 1/2 qt casserole dish.
- In a covered pan, cook potatoes in boiling water for about 20 minutes or until just tender, drain. Mash while hot, stir in egg.
- Add enough milk to potatoes to hold their shape.
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper.
- Drop potatoes in mounds on beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes 350* or until heated through.