Recipe by Carmen B.
This is very kid friendly dish. Easy to make. If you don't like mixed vegetables, just substitute with what you do like. I didn't give an amount for the mashed potatoes because I like lots. Use the amount you feel like.
Top Review by Mama Tromp
This was pretty tastey! I was skeptical at first how the tastes would blend, with tomato soup, mashed potatoes and veggies....but was pleasantly surprised. It was dee-lish! What's more comforting than mashed potatoes AND cheese? Will be making it again.
- mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄4 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 (284 ml) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Mashed Potatoes; set aside.
- In a large skillet cook meat and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Drain off fat.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Stir in thawed vegetables, mushrooms and soup; pour into a greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish or casserole.
- Spoon Mashed Potatoes or in mounds over meat mixture (or, if desired, pipe potatoes using a pastry bag and a large star tip).
- Sprinkle cheese over the potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and cheese begins to brown.