1/1 Photo of Hamburger Pie
To make this quick meal even quicker, use instant mashed potatoes. You can make it "pretty" by squeezing potato mixture through pasty bag with a large star tip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, about 20 minutes; drain.
- 2Meanwhile, in large frying pan, cook ground beef and onion until meat is lightly browned and onion is tender; drain off fat.
- 3Stir in green beans, tomato soup, water, salt and pepper.
- 4Turn mixture into a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- 5Mash potatoes while hot; blend in egg.
- 6Add enough milk to make potatoes fluffy.
- 7Season potatoes to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Spread or drop potato mixture on top of meat mixture.
- 9Sprinkle with cheese.
- 10Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Pie
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.9
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 713.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 22.3 g