Recipe by Pvt Amys Mom
Hamburger, tomato soup, green beans and mashed potatoes--sounds gross! You will be surprised, this is really good!! This is an old recipe, I remember my mom making it over 30 years ago. There is not much you have to add to make it a meal, maybe some buttered bread.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans
- 5 large potatoes
- milk (to mash potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes until tender, mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- While potatoes are cooking, brown ground beef and onions, drain off fat.
- Drain liquid from green beans.
- Stir tomato soup and green beans in to ground beef.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Turn beef mixture in to a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Spoon mashed potatoes over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- (Note: you may want to place a sheet of foil under the casserole dish, this tends to "bubble over").