1/3 Photos of Hamburger Patties
Perfect burgers every time! There is quite a debate about the origin of the popular American hamburger. I will side with the Wisconsin theory, and attribute this recipe to the Midwest U.S. region.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sometimes I vary the seasonings- using a steak seasoning or Cajun seasoning instead of salt and pepper.
- 2Mix ingredients with your hands using a light touch.
- 3Don't be tempted to overmix.
- 4If you do, it becomes too dense.
- 5When charcoal grilling, add 1/2 cup water to the beef mixture to keep it from drying out.
- 6For pan frying, don't use a nonstick pan- it won't brown as well, and heat some oil in the pan before adding burgers to keep the burgers from sticking and to help sear and form a nice brown, crispy exterior.
- 7Either method will take about 10- 12 minutes of cooking time, depending on thickness of patty, temperature of heat source and your preference (we like ours medium cooked).
- 8Note: when pan-frying don't be tempted to press down and squeeze all the juice out, just turn them more often (turn only once on the grill).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Patties
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.3
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 487.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 28.2 g