Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to prepare this one soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recipe.
- 1 lb beef, Ground
- 1⁄4 cup onion, Chopped, 1 sm.
- 1 (8 ) can canned vegetables, drained
- 1 cup cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon mustard, Prepared
- 1 (11 ounce) package pie crust mix
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook and stir the meat and onion in a large skillet until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients except the pie crust mix and set aside.
- Prepare the pastry as for a 2 crust pie as directed on the package.
- Divide the pastry into 8 equal parts.
- Roll each part, on a lightly floured surface, into a 7-inch circle.
- On half of the circle, spread about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture (packed) to within 1/2-inch of the edge.
- Moisten the edge of the pastry with water and fold over the meat mixture, sealing the edges with a fork.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and prick the tops with the fork.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
- You can serve these as sandwiches or, if you prefer, place on a plate and top with gravy or sauce.
- NOTE: You can substitute 1 cup of your favorite cooked vegetable for the peas or carrots in this recipe.
Love this simple recipe! Hubby and I made this like we would dress our burgers. I used meatless ground beef since I'm vegetarian and I also added jalepenos and tomatoes. We used premade pizza crust instead. I find it holds together better, like a hamburger calzone. Thanks! Yum!
What a great comfort food and very easy to have fun with! I made this for my family and they LOVED it! I made this with ground turkey and lowfat cheese. Since I used the turkey I found it was a tad drier than I would have liked so next time I'll up the ketchup/mustard/and cheese just a hair. Otherwise, the family says, "this is a keeper!"
I tried this recipe a couple of days ago. I added some garlic powder (because I love garlic) and I used my own pastry dough recipe. It was AWESOME!! Also, I tried the leftovers the next day and they were delicious.