1/3 Photos of Hamburger Pasta With Cheese and Bacon
Papa D 1946-2012's Note:
Adapted from a couple of similar recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni, raw
- 1 lb ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 6 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup red wine
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1In a cup mix together the water, tomato paste and wine, set aside.
- 2In a large skillet, cooked diced bacon until crisp, drain and transfer to a bowl.
- 3In the same skillet with the bacon drippings, sauté the diced onions until tender, mix in garlic during the last couple of minutes and transfer to the bowl with bacon.
- 4Discard bacon grease and cook ground beef until no longer pink, drain and add in tomato soup, tomato paste mixture, onions, bacon, and stir until combined, season with salt and pepper, reduce heat and simmer while pasta cooks, stirring occasionally.
- 5Cook pasta according to package directions and save 1 cup of pasta water before draining.
- 6Add drained pasta to skillet and stir to combine, add pasta water as needed if mix is dry.
- 7Top with cheese, cover and cook until the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Pasta With Cheese and Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 636.5
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 114.9 mg
- Sodium 715.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 36.6 g