Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A delicious and easy way to have the exotic taste of the tropics. The source for this recipe is Company's Coming: Casseroles By Jean Pare'
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 10 ounces cream of tomato soup
- 14 ounces creamed corn
- 2 cups fresh chop suey vegetables
- 3 cups cooked noodles
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Add next 5 ingredients.
- Saute until no trace of pink remains in meat.
- Turn off heat.
- Drain and discard fat.
- Add mushrooms, soup and corn to meat.
- Empty in 2 quart casserole.
- Spread chop suey vegetables over meat mixture.
- Prepare noodles as directed on package.
- Arrange over vegetables.
- Sprinkle with Paprika for colour.
- Bake in 350 F oven for 40 minutes until hot.
Made this and it was ok. The flavors were not tropical. The cream corn and the tomato soup was an interesting combination. Family did not have seconds. The ease of preparation was a plus and it could be just bland for our tastes as two other reviewers didn't mind it.
Simple and delicious. Will definitely do again. I would like to question the 2 teaspoons of salt. was that a misprint for one half? Thank you for sharing Quiltn.
What a delicous recipe! The whole family enjoyed this and have requested that I make it again very soon. It was easy to prepare, coming together quickly. Thanks for sharing the recipe.