1/9 Photos of Hamburger or Sandwich Buns or Hot Dog Buns
3 hrs 20 mins
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
What a hamburger bun should be. Substantial enough to handle a big burger with lots of toppings and yet have an excellent flavor all of its own. This is more like the kind of bun you'd get with a gourmet hamburger in a restaurant. If you are looking for one like grocery store buns, light and fluffy, these aren't what you are looking for. (And yes, it really does call for 1 cup of oil)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in water with a pinch of sugar.
- 2Mix in with other ingredients.
- 3Knead for 10 minutes on a floured surface.
- 4Let rise until doubled in bulk (about 45 minutes).
- 5Punch down and let rise again.
- 6Punch down and form into bun shapes (hamburger or hot dog).
- 7Make them on the small side as they do raise a little more when you bake them.
- 8Let rise until double.
- 9Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 10Let cool until just warm to the touch; place in a sealed bag to soften crust.
- 11Makes 16-20 hamburger rolls.
- 12NOTE: I usually cut this in half.
- 13Double wrap and freeze any remaining ones.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger or Sandwich Buns or Hot Dog Buns
Serving Size: 1 (81 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.5
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 446.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g