Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was a quick Saturday lunch or dinner while I was growing up. Sounds a little weird but is actually very good. You can liven it up a little with some chopped onion and a good dijon or spicy mustard, but this was the way my mom always made it for us kids and the way I make it for mine!
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I use ground round)
- yellow mustard
- 6 -8 slices white bread, toasted
- Lay toast slices on baking sheet.
- Spread slices lightly with mustard.
- Pat ground beef into a patty form and light press onto toast slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil about 5-10 minutes or until hamburger is cooked through.
we added cheese after broiling turned out very good