Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another WW friendly recipe from my OAMC Club Recipe was originally on the WW site
- 12 ounces no yolk noodles
- 2 medium red onions, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs 95% lean ground beef, raw
- 29 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 3⁄4 ounces ritz reduced-fat crackers, approx 35
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the noodles accordign to the package directions, omiting the salt if desired.
- Spray 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium high heat.
- Add the red onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef to the onion/pepper mixture and cook till browned; drain off excess oil.
- Combine the beef mixture, noodles, tomatoes, 3/4 cup of cheese, parsley and pepper in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle top with remaining cheese and the crushed crackers.
- Spray the top with nonstick spray.
- Bake until hot and the cheese is melted (approx 40 minutes).
We loved this dish. DH thought that it needed some more spice to it. That got me thinking that you could add some Italian spices or even some Mexican spices. This would add another dimension to the dish. I cut the recipe in half and it worked perfect. Prepared it in an 8X8 pan. If you do this, pay attention to the amounts in the directions because they don't change. This was very yummy and will be made it again. Made for PAC Fall 07'. Thanks Mama Rego for posting.