Recipe by MizzNezz
This is almost like a lasagna. Very good!
Top Review by Gaia22
I enjoyed this. I didn't think it was too creamy by any means. Maybe because for the tomato sauce, I used a nice thick marinara sauce I had leftover. I forgot the salt, pepper, and sugar (ahem, distracted), but I didn't miss any of it with the good sauce I used. I upped the onion to 1/2 small yellow onion though. I took the lazy cook approach: added the cream cheese and sour cream to the hamburger tomato sauce, mixing it until the cream cheese smoothed out over low heat; mixed the noodles in off the heat; plopped it all into the baking pan premixed = no dealing with layers. Then I topped it off with the cheddar cheese and baked it. Perfect. Made 6 hearty servings and wonderful leftovers. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles, cooked and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger, onions, and spices until cooked.
- Add tomato sauce and simmer 15 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese and sour cream.
- In 2-quart casserole, put 1/3 noodles, 1/3 cream mix, 1/3 meat mix.
- Repeat twice.
- Sprinkle cheddar on top.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.