1/3 Photos of Hamburger New
Mia in Germany's Note:
My husband's favourite burger shop - the only burger shop in our little village 35 years ago - still serves this Hamburger called "Hamburger Neu" which means "Hamburger New". Unluckily the owner of the place who invented this fabulous burger has died several years ago. There are new owners who serve the same burger, but it's not quite the same as it used to be, so we decided to make it ourselves. The onions used can be purchased in boxes in Germany. If you don't get them in the US, just fry your own, it's more work but even better I guess ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Stir together ketchup and curry powder.
- 2Combine mayonnaise and mustard.
- 3Slice pickled cucumber and tomato.
- 4Lightly toast the split burger bun while frying the burger patty until done.
- 5Place the lettuce leaves on the base of the bun, top with sliced tomato.
- 6Place the burger patty on top of the tomato slices, cover with sliced cucumber.
- 7Pour curry ketchup on top, then decorate with mustard-mayonnaise.
- 8Top with fried onions and the second half of the bun.
- 9Don't try to take this with your hands and bite into it. Use fork and knife to prevent a mess.
- 10Enjoy :).
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger New
Serving Size: 1 (692 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.0
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 1849.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 41.0 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: