Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Do not pre-cook the ground beef as it will cook in the oven, just make certain to crumble the ground beef very small --- all amounts may be adjusted to taste, Italian sausages meat may be used in place of the ground beef :)
Top Review by loof
This is a wonderful bread pizza. The fact that you don't have to precook the ground beef makes this so quick and easy - great for any weeknight. I put the pizza sauce on half and used Recipe #366061 on the other half and both were terrific. Thanks for posting this recipe!
- 1 loaf unsliced Italian bread (16-ounce)
- 158.51 ml pizza sauce, divided (I use Kittencal's No-Cook Pizza Sauce or Marinara Dipping Sauce or Kittencal's Pizza Sauce)
- 12 slice onions
- 354.88 ml canned sliced mushrooms, well drained (hand-squeeze out any excess moisture, can use fresh sliced mushrooms)
- 170.09-226.79 g uncooked lean ground beef (divided in half)
- 4.92 ml dried Italian seasoning, divided (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml garlic powder, divided (or to taste)
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt, divided (or to taste)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 473.18 ml mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 500 degrees F.
- Slice the loaf of Italian bread in half horizontally.
- Place both halves of bread cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Spread about 1/3 cup pizza sauce over the top of each slice of bread then place mushrooms over the sauce (about 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms over each slice).
- Place about 6 large onion slices/rings over the top of the mushrooms.
- Divide the ground beef in half, then crumble onto top of each half of bread over the mushrooms (the pieces must be VERY small).
- Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon each of Italian seasoning, garlic powder and seasoned salt over the ground beef (can use more seasonings to taste if desired).
- Sprinkle black pepper to taste over both slices, then sprinkle about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Top with about 1 cup (or more) of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for about 10 minutes (500 degrees F) or until the beef is cooked and the cheese has melted.
- Cut each half into 3 pieces.