1/2 Photos of Hamburger-Mushroom Bread Pizza
Do not pre-cook the ground beef as it will cook in the oven, just make certain to crumble the ground beef very small --- all amounts may be adjusted to taste, Italian sausages meat may be used in place of the ground beef :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf unsliced Italian bread (16-ounce)
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce, divided (I use Kittencal's No-Cook Pizza Sauce or Marinara Dipping Sauce or Kittencal's Pizza Sauce)
- 12 slices onions
- 1 1/2 cups canned sliced mushrooms, well drained (hand-squeeze out any excess moisture, can use fresh sliced mushrooms)
- 6 -8 ounces uncooked lean ground beef (divided in half)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, divided (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt, divided (or to taste)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1Set oven to 500 degrees F.
- 2Slice the loaf of Italian bread in half horizontally.
- 3Place both halves of bread cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- 4Spread about 1/3 cup pizza sauce over the top of each slice of bread then place mushrooms over the sauce (about 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms over each slice).
- 5Place about 6 large onion slices/rings over the top of the mushrooms.
- 6Divide the ground beef in half, then crumble onto top of each half of bread over the mushrooms (the pieces must be VERY small).
- 7Sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon each of Italian seasoning, garlic powder and seasoned salt over the ground beef (can use more seasonings to taste if desired).
- 8Sprinkle black pepper to taste over both slices, then sprinkle about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 9Top with about 1 cup (or more) of mozzarella cheese.
- 10Bake for about 10 minutes (500 degrees F) or until the beef is cooked and the cheese has melted.
- 11Cut each half into 3 pieces.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger-Mushroom Bread Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.4
- Calories from Fat 144
- Total Fat 16.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 55.4 mg
- Sodium 807.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning