Recipe by Lainey39
Another one of my favorite soups. Recipe is from Betty Crocker with a few slight changes.
Top Review by JanuaryBride
Excellent soup! And fast to throw together. I made mine vegetarian by omitting the ground beef, using veggie broth/bouillon, and adding veggie burger crumbles at the end. I didn't have any zucchini, so I thew in some frozen peas for something green. I also added extra Italian Seasoning. THANKS for posting this!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups water or 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth or 1 1⁄4 cups beef broth
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small zucchini, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni or 1⁄2 cup broken spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon (dry)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir ground beef, onion and garlic in Dutch oven until beef is brown; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese; break tomatoes with fork.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until macaroni is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with cheese.