Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A great meat and potatoes dish. Filling and tasty, the whole family loves it! My mom insists that I make this every time we visit. I got the base of the recipe from an old Taste of Home or Quick Cooking magazine, it's been awhile so I don't remember which one. I did tweak it a bit to suit my family's tastes. The frozen veggie amounts are approx, it changes every time I make it based on what I have in the freezer and my mood.
- 3 -4 medium potatoes, sliced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef, browned
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter, melted
- salt and pepper
- In a large, buttered 9 x 13 baking dish, layer sliced pototoes. This will be a few layers, depending on how big your potatoes are.
- Add ground beef on top of potatoes, followed by onions and mushrooms.
- The frozen vegetables are next and can be placed in any order.
- Pour melted butter over all of the dish.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 45 minute Till potatoes are soft, I use a glass dish and can eyeball it.
- Let sit for about 10 min, serve, season, and enjoy!