- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oil, if needed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 6 cups beef stock or 6 cups beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, combine the meat, onion, garlic, and bell pepper.
- Cook, breaking the meat up using a spoon, until the meat is browned and vegetables are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Add in the oil if needed to prevent mixture from sticking.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes or until macaroni is tender and flavors are blended.