Recipe by Nado2003
This is something we made up growing up Vietnamese in Lansing, Michigan in the 80's. There were no ethnic foods or ingredients. We had to make up our own. Served with Steamed Jasmin Rice.
- 1 lb ground meat (beef, turkey, chicken or pork)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat heavy sauce pan on medium high until hot. Add sugar and carmelize. Watch sugar to make sure it gets brown but not burnt.
- Add garlic and stir to infuse flavor into caramelized sugar.
- Add all other ingredients. Reduce heat to medium and reduce sauce to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot steamed jasmin rice.