Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
This is VERY good, and inexpensive to prepare
Top Review by Actressdancer
Many other reviewers said, "this is a good base recipe." I think that's code for, "it's really boring unless you dramatically alter it." Yes, it was super easy. The moisture level was just about right. I thought I would like the simplicity of it, but the result was tremendously bland. My children, who eat anything with beef and potatoes, left their plates mostly untouched. I will certainly use this idea to make dinner in the future, but as written, this recipe is a dud.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, lightly brown ground beef, drain well.
- Add seasonings. Set aside.
- Place half the potatoes and onions in greased Crock Pot.
- Add browned beef.
- Top with remaining potatoes and onions.
- Combine mushroom soup and water and spread over top -- being sure to moisten and cover evenly.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours (or on High for 3-4 hours).