Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is VERY good, and inexpensive to prepare
Make and share this Hamburger Hot Pot (crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- In skillet, lightly brown ground beef, drain well.
- Add seasonings. Set aside.
- Place half the potatoes and onions in greased Crock Pot.
- Add browned beef.
- Top with remaining potatoes and onions.
- Combine mushroom soup and water and spread over top -- being sure to moisten and cover evenly.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8-10 hours (or on High for 3-4 hours).
Many other reviewers said, "this is a good base recipe." I think that's code for, "it's really boring unless you dramatically alter it." Yes, it was super easy. The moisture level was just about right. I thought I would like the simplicity of it, but the result was tremendously bland. My children, who eat anything with beef and potatoes, left their plates mostly untouched. I will certainly use this idea to make dinner in the future, but as written, this recipe is a dud.
Nice basic recipe. I added worcestershire and cream cheese. I also substituted dry minced onion for the onion..and layered 2 large carrots (peeled and sliced) with the potatoes. Then I topped it all with (instant) mashed potatoes! My 3 yr old son loved it, as did I. :) Thank you!
I was hunting for something similar to a dish my mother made when I was a child. I loved the texture of the potatoes in this dish, and thought the amount of liquid was exactly right. I also like how easily the flavor can be changed to suit your mood. Thanks for a good, basic recipe!