Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my quick and easy weeknight dinner when we are in a hurry. (Vegit is available at health food stores)
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 354.88 ml beef bouillon
- 375 g bag medium egg noodles or 375 g bag broad egg noodles, 1/2 - 1 bag
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper
- 0.25 ml garlic powder (optional)
- 9.85 ml 'vegit' all purpose seasoning or 9.85 ml Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- Cook noodles according to package, drain and set aside.
- Combine mushroom soup and bouillon in medium bowl and whisk till smooth, set aside.
- Brown beef and onion in nonstick fry pan till meat well cooked, drain if necessary.
- Add soup mixture to meat& onion, heat till bubbling, then add noodles.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or until liquid absorbed by noodles.
- Serve with a crisp salad or a green vegetable.
So tasty, much better than the quick box stuff and just as easy to make! I cooked my egg noodles in the beef broth to give extra flavor to the noodles and just added to the beef/soup mixture. I didn't do it this time but I think a small can of sliced mushrooms would be good added to this dish. Served with a nice salad and bread & butter.
Very nice recipe and easy too! I used whole wheat noodles and added about 2 cups of fresh mushrooms to the onions and grounds beef. Did not have Mrs. Dash but I did add the garlic. I think some sour cream might be a nice addition at the end, sor tof like a strogonoff thing. Thank you for posting this!
This was good and easy to make. I only had a pound of burger pulled and one and a half cups of water and two bouillon cubes. I used Mrs. Dash garlic and herb seasoning and didn't add the dash of salt or the optional garlic powder. It was a quick weeknight meal.