Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found two other recipes online for Hamburger Helper Rice Oriental and I kind of combined the two recipes into my own recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 cups rice
- 3 -4 tablespoons soy sauce (use LOW SODIUM soy sauce if possible)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 4 cups water
- Brown ground beef, drain if needed.
- Add rice, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper,onion soup mix and water.
- Cook on low heat for approximately 20-30 minutes or until rice is done and water is gone.
Made this for dinner, my kids & husband loved it. Added some bean sprouts and water chestnuts, yum!
Excellent and easy! This was just the flavor I was craving. This recipe will be a regular at our table.
It was really close to the original. I omitted the Lipton soup and instead, when it was close to done, I added a packet of brown gravy mix that I mixed into about 1/4 C water. It was wonderful.