From Carla Hall's Cooking With Love
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups drained canned diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Saute the onion over medium heat until tender and season with salt. Add the garlic and cook for a minute longer.
- 3Add the beef, oregano, and cayenne. Season generously with salt and pepper. Brown the beef and stir to break it up into smaller pieces. Drain the fat from the pan and discard.
- 4Sprinkle the flour over the beef and stir until well mixed. Stir in the tomatoes and stock. Raise the heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- 5Wile the beef simmer, add the macaroni and 1 teaspoon salt to the boiling water. Cook a minute less than directed on the packaging and drain well.
- 6Stir the macaroni and half the cheese into the beef mixture. If it looks too thick add in a bit more stock.
- 7Divide among serving bowls and top with parsley and the remaining cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hamburger Help Me Meal
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 740.4
- Calories from Fat 309
- Total Fat 34.3 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 118.9 mg
- Sodium 352.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 40.9 g