Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is from an old cookbook from my mother's home town. Very hearty and tasty.
- 1 (32 ounce) boxfrozen hash brown patties
- 1 minced onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb of browned hamburger
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas (drained)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions
- Butter a 9x13-inch pan.
- Cover bottom of pan with hash browns.
- Add hamburger, salt pepper and onions.
- Sprinkle peas on top.
- Mix soup and milk together and pour over peas.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for one hour.
- Sprinkle with French fried onions and return to oven for ten more minutes.
Very easy recipe,I substituted green beans instead of peas. Very good with french bread.
WOW...we loved this recipe...EASY FAST FUN Children can help with this one. Next time I going to try can green beans. Thank You
I made this and I substitued Ranch Style Beans for the peas and my family finished off the entire pan. This will be a favorite in our kitchen from now on.