Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this recipe once and everyone LOVED it (even my two preschoolers)! I also have tried it with ground turkey (less than half the calories and fat) and it was still remarkably good. I love that you don't have to brown the ground beef first!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels
- 16 ounces frozen hash browns or 16 ounces to 4 cups diced or sliced raw potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine beef, onion, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and salt. In a separate bowl, combine corn, potatoes, flour, and chopped green bell pepper. Add the melted margarine.
- Spray 13 X 9 X 2 inch pan with non stick spray. Pat the beef mixture into baking pan; top with the corn and potato mixture. Bake uncovered at 375°F for 45 minutes; sprinkle with the cheese and bake ground beef casserole 15 to 20 minutes longer, until potatoes seem done.
- I usually drain the casserole of the fat two times during cooking, once at about 20 minutes and again before I add the cheese (if your using beef, turkey doesn't usually make much fat).
Amazing!! So, simple to make, but fantastic to eat!! I could make myself sick eating too much of this! YUMMY!!