Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This makes a big batch. It's great as leftovers, but there's really no way to cut it down, so you could always make it in 2 pans and freeze the other one. I love to make it in the fall, it's a great, cheap way to warm the tummy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 20 hash brown patties, you may need to cut some to fit the bottom of your dish
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby peas, drained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 11 x 15 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In large skillet, brown ground beef and onions until cooked through, drain.
- Layer hashbrown patties in bottom of casserole dish and salt and pepper between the layers.
- Layer beef and onion mixture over the hashbrowns and salt and pepper the top.
- Sprinkle with can of peas.
- Spread soup over the top of the peas and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with cheese and bake until bubbly. About 30 minutes.