Recipe by Gina*S
Inexpensive way to feed a crowd. Definately one of our favorite comfort foods! We love it over baked potatoes!
Top Review by catmaniacs
Made as written and it was o.k. My husband said to rate it a 2 as it was "bland". I gave it a 3, because, to be fair the recipe does say "any other herbs or spices as you desire". It was really quick though, and I appreciated that. I will definitely make it again upping the spices and adding mushrooms as another review suggested.
- 907.18 g hamburger
- 118.29 ml flour (depending on fat content of beef)
- 709.77-946.36 ml milk (can be mixed with water)
- 1 small onion, minced (optional)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 9.85 ml dry mustard (optional)
- 9.85 ml garlic granules (optional)
- 4.92 ml dried parsley (optional)
- any other herbs or spices, you desire
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, brown hamburger, crumbling as you go.
- Add minced onion and cook until translucent.
- Sprinkle flour over cooked beef, and stir thoroughly.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 2 cups milk, stir well and add all seasonings at this point.
- Simmer, adding more liquid as gravy thickens.
- Cook to desired consistancy, and serve over any style potatoes, pasta, rice, or toast.